I find quotes to be a great source of wisdom and inspiration for growing and running my business. These Warren Buffett quotes, (Warren Buffett of course being one of the world’s wealthiest people) are truly good business principles that the small business owner would do well to follow.
There’s a lot of pearls of wisdom for the small business owner in these Warren Buffett quotes.
Despite his enormous personal wealth, Warren Buffett quotes are well known for their pithy insight and witticism.
Although an investor, many Warren Buffett quotes can equally apply to the small business owner. Here are my favourite lessons that small business owners would do well to follow. If you apply these Warren Buffet quotes, you’ll start growing your business.
11. Somebody once said that in looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if you don’t have the first, the other two will kill you. You think about it; it’s true. If you hire somebody without [integrity], you really want them to be dumb and lazy.
10. The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say “no” to almost everything.
9. It is not necessary to do extraordinary things to get extraordinary results.
8. If you spend money on things you don’t need soon you’ll have to sell things you need.
7. No matter how great the talents or the efforts, some things take time. You cannot make a baby in a month by getting 9 women pregnant.
6. I insist on a lot of time being spent, almost every day, to just sit and think. That is very uncommon in American business. I read and think. So I do more reading and thinking, and make less impulse decisions than most people in business. I do it because I like this kind of life.
5. In the business world, the rear view mirror is always clearer than the wind shield.
4. don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.
3. You’ve gotta keep control of your time, and you can’t unless you say no. You can’t let people set your agenda in life
2. Writing a check separates a commitment from a conversation.
1. Rule No. 1: never lose money; rule No. 2: don’t forget rule No. 1