Know whose the boss
There is no doubt that perception is reality. Therefore in times of change, you need to ensure that you control that perception by maintating a regular and open dialogue with the key stakeholders. Doing this on a timely basis is vitally important.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you know who your key stakeholders are?
- Do you know what their agendas are?
- How do you know you’re meeting their expectations?
- When did you last meet or call them?
- Are you keeping up to date with changes affecting your stakeholders?
- Do you have a communication plan with your stakeholders?
- Is there likely to be any conflict between the plans of the business and the plans of your stakeholders?
So, what do you think? Do you know who your key stakeholders are affecting your business? How do you communicate with them and how often?